Certificate Program 2016-2017
Humber Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning in partnership with The Institute of Housing Management presents this Certificate program for those engaged in the management of and operations of publicly and privately owned residential and institutional buildings. The Property Management Program is geared to those involved in managing operations; developing and designing buildings; or to those providing equipment, products or services to the housing industry.
For In-Class/Online course availability
and registration click here.
Community College Education
IHM has developed a curriculum that is delivered through the community colleges on a Continuing Education Basis.
In order to complete the Institute of Housing Management Certificate Program for Property Managers, the candidate must complete the five (5) compulsory courses as well as one (1) elective course.
The following compulsory courses are offered at Humber College in Toronto for evening and weekend study, or through the Institute's Distance Learning Program.
- Property and Building Administration
- Building Maintenance for
- Strategic and Financial Planning
for Property Managers
- Human Relations for Property Managers
- Tenancy Law in Ontario
Compulsory Course descriptions are available by clicking here.
To request consideration or an exemption for an elective, please provide details with your request. Items required: a course outline, proof of completion, proof of mark or transcript (if applicable) and information as to the length of time that the course runs. Courses to be considered must be a minimum of 30 hours in duration. Two or more courses may be combined to count as one elective.
Sample Elective Courses:
- Business Planning & Strategic Management
- Managing Change
- Leading Responsibly
- Creative & Critical Thinking
- Basic Financial Accounting
- Business Planning and Strategic Management
- Communicating for Effectiveness
- Project Management
- Quality Teams and Customer Service Excellence
- Supervision: Techniques and Practices
- RGI Online Course - 1 credit - register directly through ONPHA
- Click here to download the ONPHA RGI Credit request form
- The Co-op Difference: Online Training in Co-op Housing Management
– 1 credit – register directly through CHF Canada
- The Co-op Difference: Prior Learning Exemption Exam
– ½ credit – register directly through CHF Canada
While the IHM is responsible for course content and learning materials for the compulsory courses, scheduling and fees are left to the college.
- To visit the Humber College In-Class/Online Learning Education page, click here.
- To download the 2015-2016 Humber College course calendar, click here (PDF)