5 Day In-Class Program
IHM is pleased to offer each of the five Compulsory Courses within the Institute's Certificate In Property Management program in a rigorous five-day format at the IHM office in Markham, Ontario or in conjunction with the annual conference.
The final exam will be written onsite at the end of the course and students will be notified of their final mark within two weeks of completion.
IHM students are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity for an in-class learning environment outside of a community college.
Please note that you must be employed in housing management at the time you enroll in a course. Students who are not seeking accreditation may take individual courses for skills updating/improvement; there is no requirement that they take all five courses.
2018 Compulsory Course Offerings
- Property & Building Administration - Jan 29 - Feb 2, 2018
- Strategic & Financial Planning (in conjunction with the conference) - April 9-13, 2018
- Building Maintenance - June 11-15, 2018
- Human Relations - Sept 24-28, 2018
- Tenancy Law in Ontario - Nov 12-16, 2018
To request consideration or an exemption for an elective, please provide details with your request. Items required: a course outline, proof of completion, proof of mark or transcript (if applicable) and information as to the length of time that the course runs. Courses to be considered must be a minimum of 30 hours in duration. Two or more courses may be combined to count as one elective.
- Click here for samples of approved electives
- Click here for Elective Exemption/Program Completion Certificate Checklist