Fire Safety Management
Thursday March 8, 2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
IHM Office, 2800 14th Avenue, Suite 210, Markham, ON L3R 0E4
Presented by: Kevin McCann, FIHM
In the protection of building occupants, Property Management professionals have long been responsible for the significant role of Fire & Safety Management within their respective buildings.
This seminar will provide the participant with learning tools and best practices in the following areas:
- Outline and review legislation within Ontario that applies to fire safety in residential rental housing
- Provide some context/background information on the most common causes and impacts involving residential fires
- Review of some of the most common fire safety equipment/systems found in multi-unit residential buildings
- Outline the roles and responsibilities of landlord/owner with respect to the administration of fire safety practices, procedures and equipment maintenance
- Recommend some "best practices" currently in use by many landlords to ensure fire safety regulatory compliance
Member - $165 + HST
Non Member - $215 + HST
All fees include Lunch and Fire Safety Log Book
Attend any three seminars to earn one elective credit toward completion of the IHM Property Management accreditation program.
To register, you can use our secure online server or simply download our printable Registration Form (PDF), and mail or fax your completed Registration to the address indicated on the form.