IHM EDUCATION PROGRAM
The Institute's Certificate In Property Management program, leading to accreditation, consists of five compulsory courses, and one elective course. For each course, students are expected to pass a final exam at the end of each course.
- Property and Building Administration
- Building Maintenance for Property Managers
- Strategic and Financial Planning for Property
- Human Relations for Property Managers
- Tenancy Law in Ontario
For complete course descriptions, click here.
These five courses are offered in several ways:
- Through IHM's 5-DAY IN-CLASS PROGRAM
- Through IHM's DISTANCE LEARNING PROGRAM
- Through COLLEGE PROGRAMS at Humber Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Conestoga College, and George Brown College
Courses to be considered as elective must be a minimum of 30 hours in duration. Two or more courses may be combined to count as one elective. Sample Elective Courses are:
- Business Planning & Strategic Management
- Managing Change
- Leading Responsibly
- Creative & Critical Thinking
- Basic Financial Accounting
- Business Planning and Strategic Management
- Communicating for Effectiveness
- Project Management
- Quality Teams and Customer Service Excellence
- Supervision: Techniques and Practices
For complete information on elective course, please review our Elective Guidelines.