December 14, 2022 - IHM News
A Year to Celebrate
With the return to normalcy in 2022, IHM continued to enhance the programs that had been introduced during the pandemic as well as bring back the popular in-person conference.
Here are some highlights of our 2022 accomplishments...
- 122 Distance Learning Students
- 28 Conestoga College Students
- 91 George Brown College Students
- 193 Humber College Students
- 7 Hybrid Education Students
IN TOTAL, WE EDUCATED 441 FUTURE PROFESSIONAL PROPERTY MANAGERS IN 2022
- And we approved 9 more accredited members
2022 Annual Education Conference
- The return to the ever popular Annual Education Conference in Niagara Falls was met with a stellar attendance by representatives from across the province.
- Excellent presentations on AODA Compliance, Board Governance, RGI Simplified, Changes to the RTA and others, ensured members were enlightened on their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Two of our long-serving volunteers were honoured with the prestigious FIHM designation – congratulations to Lynn Alexander, FIHM, and Ed Cipriani, FIHM, and thanks for all you have done and continue to do.
- The conference ended with a great presentation by another of our well-known and dedicated members. Kevin O’Hara, FIHM, gave us a look at “The More Things Change…The More They Stay The Same”.
Chat Room Sessions
- 11 Chat Room Sessions were delivered with topics ranging from Dispute Resolution, Stress Management, Duty To Accommodate and Privacy Regulations.
WE PROVIDED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & ENHANCED LEARNING TO OVER 400 MEMBERS IN 2022.
- Membership in 2022 increased by 12.7% to 388 members from 344 members in 2021.
- A total of 75 students registered in the IHM Distance Learning and IHM In-Class/Virtual Courses, received complimentary membership and enjoyed all the benefits of full membership.
OUR GOAL IS TO EXPAND OUR REACH TO THOSE JUST ENTERING AND TO OTHERS ALREADY EMPLOYED IN THE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PROFESSION.
It's been quite a year! On behalf of the IHM Board of Directors and Staff, we extend our thanks for your continued support and our best wishes for a joyous holiday season & a wonderful new year.